Sunday, April 7, 2013

Easter time!

 To be honest, this Easter was a little sad.  Every year since I was young, I look forward to having my special Easter candy--Hershey's milk chocolate eggs.  I love them!  My mom sent me some in Japan and had 3 bags waiting for me when we returned last year.
   This Easter, I am off sugar (thanks, tooth decay!) and did not get my beloved Hershey's eggs (first world problem!) and at the same time I am conflicted about giving my kids sugar.  Basically, how do you balance the paganism of Easter-bunny Easter with a celebration of our Savior's resurrection?  Still working on that one!
 
 In the meantime, here are a few pics from the beautiful weekend of Easter:

Dyeing eggs! Fox will never be in these pictures.  He hates eggs and is in the hallway making gagging sounds.

"I like eggs, Mom! But here, you eat the yellow part...and also the white part!"

My two children!  Oh wait, I have 3!  Where is that toddler?....

There he is! My grandma asked me for a picture of only the 3 kiddos...so I guess she'll be getting this one!
This one is a little better!  Fox is behind the camera (still gagging) :)

2 comments:

Mrs Abbott said...

Funny! I think some good ideas for Eater baskets would be: no bake cookie eggs w/ less sugar, trader joe's fruit snacks, carrots from the Easter Bunny, small pictures of Christ. Good luck!

Larissa @golovebe said...

Yeah we do the 12 eggs of Easter story so they put it all together! Basket only contains one chocolate bunny and then normally art supplies or something, but all those easter eggs hunts - school, church, etc - so much icky candy! What happened to hunting for REAL eggs! Let's bring that back!!!