Thursday, January 28, 2010

Snowman Party!

Winter in Logan has been dragging on, and a lot of time has been spent indoors. Might as well make a party of it! So, we sent out little invitations and invited a bunch of 2 year olds (what was I thinking?!) over for a little snowman party on Monday. The party was very chaotic, but the kids had a ton of fun. I didn't take many pictures, since I was crazy busy! We played pin-the-nose on the snowman, hot snowball (like hot potato but with a fake snowball), made snow people out of marshmallow popcorn balls, and then decorated terra cotta pot snowmen (which was a big hit)!
Finally, the kiddos got their energy out by beating a snowman pinata. Good times, and I love that I was able to use the enticement of a party to get Cash to behave for a week!

The snowman pinata, made from paper mache and balloons (idea here)

Snowman English muffin pizzas:

Our good friend James swinging at the snowman. Yes, that is a hobby horse he is swinging with. Awesome, huh?

Cash took the pinata down! We weren't about to go outside in 18 degree weather, so I thumb-tacked the pinata to the wall...and it worked! I only filled it with 2 pieces of candy per person, as I did not want or need more chaos at that point!

Enjoying the spoils:

At the end of the party, each kiddo got to take a little snowman buddy home. I made these out of old wool sweaters and craft felt I had on hand (pattern here


I am so glad we got to start the week with a cheap, fun party. I think I learned my lesson, though--stick with 1 snack and 1 game next time. Toddlers are a bit too crazy for so many things at once!

8 comments:

Kelsy said...

wow, Amy that looks so fun, you got crafty cool with every aspect! Fun !

Helena said...

This looks like it was a hit! I especially love your snowman party favors.

Amber said...

How fun! I am impressed with your party planning skills (I'm thinking a new career as a toddler party planner for you...)I agree with Helena, I love your snowman party favors! I bet the kids loved them too :)

Douglas Smith said...

A piñata party in Utah. Very cool.

Don’t forget to sing!

Dale, dale, dale,
no pierdas el tino;
Porque si lo pierdes
pierdes el camino.
Ya le diste una,
ya le diste dos;
Ya le diste tres,
y tu tiempo se acabó

Looks like fun. :-)

Unknown said...

Fun times - you went all out with homemade pinata too! I love the snowman favors - too cute! Will have to put this in my arsenal of kid activity ideas for next year!

Whit,Tiff and B said...

I love your pizza snowman! That's so cleaver. To answer your question about the cheese, you can buy it at Smiths Market Place. It's right by all deli. Let me know if you can't find it.

Amy {The Idea Room} said...

What a fun idea! I love the snowman pizzas too! And your snowmen turned out great!

Keith, Heather and Carsen said...

so cute!! I didn't know that you had a blog!