Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Watch, Read, Listen

Here are some media delights we've been enjoying lately!
Watch: X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Since Fox went and saw Twilight with me, I promised him that he could choose the next 3 movies we saw at the theater (yeah, I'm nice). He, of course, chose Wolverine, and Kelsy kindly watched the kids while we went. It was pretty funny to be in a movie where the guys in the theater were so excited--standing, clapping, yelling. I really enjoyed the movie. There was a little romance and a lot of action. Fox, being a diehard X-Men fan, was disappointed by the movie. He has read almost all of the comics and swears the movie isn't doing them justice.

Read: Fablehaven (Books 1 and 2)

We are addicted to Fablehaven! This youth fantasy series is written by an LDS author, Brandon Mull, and the writing is excellent. The first book has been compared to Harry Potter, but I think it's way better. The story follows a brother and sister and their adventures in their grandparents' secret preserve for magical animals. You should definitely check it out. Such a fun read!

Listen: Camp Lisa, Lisa Loeb

I am a huge Lisa Loeb fan, and this CD doesn't disappoint. It's a compilation of fun camp songs she sings ("Father Abraham", "Peanut Butter and Jelly") with her amazing voice and folksy guitar. Cash listened to a few songs and kept asking me to play them over and over. It's such a cute kids' album that is not annoying. I remember singing a lot of those songs at camp (except "The Disappointing Pancake"--that song is off the wall!)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

thanks for heads up! I do want to download a few Lisa Loeb new songs!

Unknown said...

I watched the iFanboy review for the Wolverine movie, so I'm not surprised. They said it was basically a brianless action romp, enjoyable as long as you don't think about it too much. I'm still thinking about going though, I mean come on, it's Wolverine for crying out loud.

Mrs Abbott said...

so fun!!!!