Tuesday, January 24, 2012

He Who Has Now Been Named


The Baby is Here:
Born: January 21, 2012 at 3:20 a.m.
3878 grams, 51.5 centimeters (oh hey there, metric system!)
In U.S. terms, 8 1/2 lbs. and 20 1/4 inches

AND NAMED:
Quincy Parker Makoto Ellis

 
Quincy: French, meaning the Fifth, as he is the fifth member of our little family.
Also, Fox was reading Dracula while I was pregnant. Quincey Morris is a character in it-- the only American in a foreign country.
Parker: Fox's paternal grandmother's maiden name
Makoto: Japanese, meaning strong and peace-loving.
We have loved Quincy Parker as a name for a long time, but it just didn't seem right for this boy at first. Finally, as we were filling out the hospital paperwork, we knew it was because he needed a special Japanese name in there, so Fox chose his favorite and used a very old kanji for it.

Everyone is having a ton of fun getting their kisses and cuddles on with this cutie.

Who does he look like?  He blended in really well in the nursery
with all that black hair!

Yes, that is Cash forcing Quincy's fingers into a peace sign. Oy.

We are all doing great!  I had a great birth experience, and the hospital was amazing!
Birth story to follow...

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Still cannot see the pics but I do love the name (Quincy is growing on me) and you found the literature connection too (: I did not think a japanese name would go with Quincy but Makoto sounds really good with it!!! So will his nickname be "Kewpie" (doll) get it "Q""P". Baby Kewpie!

Christine said...

we can't see the photos either...maybe post on FB? Awesome name, I hope you are doing good!

Kristin said...

Congratulations!!! Can't see the pics either but I love the name and am so happy you had a good experience!!

Ryan and Heather Bartron said...

Congrats! I'm so glad everything went well and I can't wait to hear all about it.

amberkei said...

Congratulations!! So happy for you and your family. :)

Heather@Women in the Scriptures said...

Wonderful! I am so excited for you. New babies are the best. ANd you are right with all the black hair he looks a little Japanese! How cute.

Joanie said...

OK! The pictures are up. Cute baby! At first I thought he resembled Cash. But he is unique. We shall see as the days unfold. Love the name! Can't wait to here the rest of the story! Send even more pictures if you can!

Natalie said...

Congratulations Amy! Absolutely love his name. He's a doll

Unknown said...

Yay - we see him - he is cute - yeah I thought maybe Cash at first but other pics he has his own face! He does look kind of Japanese too (:

Douglas Smith said...

Congrats! Love the name and the BABY!! Photos are great BTW.
Lots of love, ♥♥♥♥♥ D&S

Cole, Heather, Brylee and Lilly said...

Congrats. So cute with tons of hair. Your kids are growing so big. Glad all went well. Love the name

Ru said...

So Proud of You Jo! You amaze me. Quincy has so much hair. I think he looks like a Japanese version of Cash. You looks so beautiful and I love your long hair. I Cant wait til April. (if thats still the plan). LOVE YOU!

Mrs Abbott said...

Yay- the pictures are up! He is very cute! I think he looks like when you were a baby, with darker coloring! And Cosette's blonde curls are adorable! Love ya!