Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Catching Up!

Okay--I am finally dragging myself away from the kotatsu (where there is no internet reception) to blog about this past month!
  Starting with Cosette's birthday in November, we have a family birthday/holiday or anniversary every few weeks until Cash's birthday at the end of February. The new baby fits right in there with his birthday (hopefully) being in a few weeks. So, winter is a crazy season for us!

First, Cosette's birthday! Cosette's likes and dislikes change from day-to-day, so I didn't plan a cake for her, since she insisted on doughnuts. After she got her doughnuts, she wondered where her cake was, so I got her one slice of cake. Now I know that she always wants a big cake. Maybe in the shape of a doughnut?


And her presents this year were a stuffed snake from the zoo and a Little Pony from her grandparents:

Fox's birthday is in mid-December. He had a migraine for his birthday and had gotten his presents a few weeks earlier during a black Friday sale, so he had a very sad birthday...but there was cake!

The next week, there was a school Christmas party. Here is Cosette as Santa--she was the only one to keep her beard on!

A visit from Santa-san!

Showing the spoils that Santa brought her--socks, fax paper-?, snacks, and some origami paper.

Fox and I celebrated our 9th anniversary on New Year's Eve. We got a babysitter and went to see Mission Impossible 4.  Good times! And then on New Year's, Cash got a haircut. The kids have learned that in Japan, it's not a true picture unless there is the peace sign being shown.

Next up: The littlest guy's birthday! Here I am at 37 weeks and obviously exhausted. No more winter birthdays, I say! On the plus side, my extra body weight is keeping me really warm :)
Thank you to everyone who has sent cards, presents, and boxes with goodies and baby things to us recently. It means more to us than you know. This time of year is the hardest time to be away from family. We miss you and love you all!

4 comments:

Keith, Heather and Carsen said...

I just love hearing from you guys!!! I miss you all! by the way... I won a little contest for a cute crochet puppy hat that is adrable and I have the pattern in an email!! I wondered if you would send me your email...mine is laladaisy24@gamil.com and I will send you the pattern so you can make it if you want! I also wondered if you do want to it I would be happy to send you some yarn :)

Mrs Abbott said...

We saw some Japanese tourists in California and they were flashing the peace sign- all the the time! Now I know what was going on! We miss you guys so much! Love you tons!

Unknown said...

Greta pics this time! Coco is looking so grown up and she is so darn cute! Your belly is so cute too - can't wait to see newest Ellis boy! These are a few busy months!

Kelsy said...

Oy, Amy, you always look to the good:) I think that makes life easier. You do love all the cutesy things there, the foods, the kind people. We miss you and Fox and the kids SO much here. Love you guys.