Thursday, March 25, 2010

Pull-Ups! (Not the potty training variety)

Last night, Fox and I had a great "date night" at home that incorporated things we both wanted to do. For my part of the "date", we ate some yummy chocolate cake and caught up on season 2 of Chuck (thank you, library, for ordering it for me!). If you haven't seen Chuck, you should check it out! It's a quirky, action/romance show that I love love love!

For Fox's part of the date, we did push-ups. Yuck. Whose idea of fun is that? I actually got really angry about it after he did 50 and I sort of did 4. Push-ups are not on my list of things to do. Pull-ups, however, are on my list of things to do. I have a huge fear of falling off a cliff while hiking and hanging on to the ledge by my fingers. I will fall to my death, since I won't be able to pull myself up. Of course, there is that whole "emergency rush of adrenaline kicks in to give you superstrength to save your life" possibility, but I don't want to bet on that.

So, we decided that we are going to do this pull-ups challenge. Hooray! And I'm sharing it with you to do it, too, if you want---or to just bug me about it. We started it this morning. Even Cash did an assisted pull-up! I did 5 negative pull-ups. Yes, negative. That is how skilled I am. So, the goal is to do 20 in 8 weeks, but if I can do two, I will be so happy. And I get to cross something off of my life list!!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

awesome - yeah if you can do push ups, pull ups and sit ups that is really all you need to have a rockin bodn - so I have heard...I will take the challenge TOO when I am back working out!

Unknown said...

ps the link did not work 4 me?

Fox and Amy said...

It should work now!

Christine said...

Uh-oh Amy, you got Larissa all excited about something...now you really have to do it. She is the most competitive person EVER that was born to this earth! I bet she even is searching online for the best pull-bar possible...ha ha, I love teasing Larissa...I wish I could join, but my uh Butt won't let me right now :) I know you can do it AMY...I'm excited for you! Can't wait to see your big arms in June!

Kelly said...

Amy! I'm so excited to look through your blog and get caught up with you. Thanks for sending me the link. It's amazing how the internet can reconnect you with your kindergarten best friend after 20 years!

Mrs Abbott said...

Awesome! One of my dream dates is to go hut tubbing at our gym. I know it may be wierd, but it's free! One of my friends from the mission is doing that too- she's on my blog under Can Life get any better than this?

Helena said...

I love chuck! And I defintely see where you are coming from with pull ups. They could save your life.

Unknown said...

The past month I've started exercising regularly. My plan is to do the
Couch Potato to 5K
plan, but after that I think I'll start in on this program. I've heard pull-ups are one of the best types of exercise you can do.

Joanie said...

Are you talking about what used to be called "Chin-ups"? Anyone out there know what a "chin up" is? When you said "pull-up" I thought you meant those disposable pants kids wear when they are being potty trained. While we are on the topic of words: "Flip flops" are a better word than "thongs" altho when I was a kid, they were called thongs..now thongs are skimpy underwear. Watch your words! Love, Mom.