Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy Anniversary to Us!

"A good wife always forgives her husband when she's wrong."
Milton Berle


Yeah, I'm a good wife!

Fox and I were married on New Year's Eve six years ago! To celebrate our anniversary, we...what did we do? We stayed home and watched a few episodes of "Chuck" and played "Celestial Companions" (basically the LDS-version of the Newlywed Game). Exciting, eh? The downfall of having your anniversary on a holiday is that people (ie potential babysitters) are out doing stuff!

We had fun, though.


I wanted to add a picture of us to this post, but I have zero pictures of us alone together since 2005, when we got our digital camera. So, I'll get sentimental on you instead. Fox and I often talk about when we knew that we wanted to marry each other. My moment came one day when we were taking the bus to run some errands. Neither of us had a car at that time, so we spent a lot of time using the buses. We were telling each other funny stories from our childhood, and we were laughing the whole way home. When we got off the bus, Fox looked at me and said, "If I wasn't in love with you, you would be the coolest friend". So, that's how I knew. I knew like you know a good melon. (Who knows where that line is from?) We both just really enjoy each other's company and are always finding things to laugh at. It has been so neat to be part of a relationship that has progressed from being poor college students to...being poor college students with kids together! I really look forward to the years to come and all of the adventures that we will encounter. Together.

3 comments:

Dave said...

Good Post Amy, I'm glad you picked a good melon too.

Mrs Abbott said...

Happy 6th Anniversary, Amy and Fox! It's fun being poor together! You will always have those memories of when you had to sell plasma to make extra money! Isn't life interesting!

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary! That's crazy it has been 6 years already! How fun! Here's to another year of fun, love, and no moving days!