Sunday, May 15, 2011

Kompira-San Revisited (and Re-Posted, C'mon Blogger!)

**I can see these pics on my computer, but I'm not sure if you can...so, let's see if this works!**

Remember when we traveled here? No? Okay...well, anyways, we did it again!
Last Saturday, we took the train to Kotohira and plowed up the 785 steps to Kompira-san, a very famous shrine in our area. Cash did 765 steps! Wow! Coco did about 600 or so. I couldn't believe it!

Here is us at the top! Disregard my disheveled self. I wore the wrong outfit to climb all those stairs. The local college girls were walking up in their high heels and summer dresses!

 

Daddy and the kiddos on the way down--and again, Cash walked the almost the whole way down!
 

Treating ourselves afterwards! Fox and I got mikan ice cream cones, while Cash and Coco had Wasanbon cones with sugared rice puffs on top. Very sweet!
 

There are a ton of udon shops before you start the stairs. Here is Cash watching a man roll out the udon dough:
 

Chili fries! Well, I guess as chili-fried as you can get here--mashed potatoes pushed through a ricer into hot oil and then covered with tomato sauce and meat. Fox was in heaven!
 

We had a great day! We live close to the train station, and the kids still had enough energy to run all the way home!

This week, the rainy season has begun, which means that the air is super humid while it rains all day. It is strange to be in rain that doesn't cool you off at all!

Cash has been at preschool this week, and each day comes home with a new set of bandages and bruises from running and falling! The preschool uniform is shorts year round. Before this, Cash was a strictly-sweatpants boy year-round, and now I understand why he wanted his little legs covered. Poor guy!

2 comments:

Kelsy said...

I still can't see them, lame-o.

Douglas Smith said...

Hmmmm, Chile Fries! Sounds wonderful. :-) I don't see any pics yet!