Thursday, June 24, 2010

Fun in Victorville!

My little family and I just got back from a trip to California to see my parents and siblings for our annual reunion. We had so much fun! Perhaps the most surprising part of our trip was how much fun the kids and I had in Victorville (otherwise known as "the ghetto", "Victimville", and "the armpit of California"--yes, it is not the safest place to visit). Before I left, I swore that I only wanted to spend a day in my boring hometown, but we stayed there four days and loved it! I think we were all just in awe of my dad's huge and beautiful backyard, coming from our tiny apartment. The weather was perfect there, too. And of course, seeing old friends is always the best!

The real reason the kids did so great on the 9 hour car drive: Reminders that they would soon be loving on Cookie, the family dog. I guess that bump/tumor/cyst on her back is just more of her to love?

Catching up with my very first bff Lisa, whom I hadn't seen in 7 years! She moved back to her childhood home and is marrying her very first boyfriend from fourth grade!


My dad has a little swing on the patio. As soon as Cosette would be ready for a nap, she would ask to swing, and I would push her until she fell asleep. Every day, without fail!


Dave and Mom next to some pretty pink flowers.


Backyard fun! My dad, who works so hard on his yard, was kind enough to let the kids ruin his grass for a few afternoons of slipping and sliding!


We had a lot of fun with Grandparents, sisters, brothers, and cousins on our trip. I love my family!

4 comments:

amberkei said...

Oh, my goodness - we love visiting, but always feel a little taken back when we realize we're back in good ol' victimville! Sounds like a fun trip!

Mrs Abbott said...

Awesome! We're here now and are enjoying Mom and Dad's peaceful home. I'm so glad their home and yard are not broken down like a lot of others around. I did see one or two nice homes besides ours though. We may go to Calico Ghost town today. Who knows!

Helena said...

I'm glad you guys had fun! Amber told me some stories from the trip, and it sure sounds like it was an adventure. Also, your dad is so sweet to let the kids ruin his grass like that.

Unknown said...

fun times! i did not know you saw
lisa - cool - she looks the same (:
miss you already